- September 7th at 11:30- U of L Institute for Sustainable Health and Optimal Aging is hosting their 7th Annual Gold Standard Lunch for Optimal Aging – It will be held at the Crown Plaza Hotel (Mr. Wayne Perkey will be the Master of Ceremonies) Call (502)852-5629 for more information.
- September 8th- Walk to end Alzheimer’s- 8:30am-Registration, 9:45am-Promise Garden ceremony, 10:00am-Walk start. Sponsored by the Alzheimer’s Association.
- September 28th from 12:00-1:00 p.m- The University of Louisville Physicians will be holding a monthly Parkinson’s D
- – isease Lunch and Learn series. This one will be ” Bladder Management”, To RSVP for this event, call (502)582-7654 by Sept 25th.
- October 13th- Strides for Strokes Walk at Brown Park (Registration at 11:00 the Walk begins at 12:00)
- October 26th- 12:00-1:00 p.m.- The University of Louisville Physicians second Lunch and Learn for Parkinson’s Patients “Maximizing quality of life with Pallative Medicine in movement disorders-why everyone should care about it”. To RSVP for this event, call (502)582-7654 by Oct 23rd.
PARK LOUISVILLE IS PARTICIPATING IN SAMARITAN PURSE. AN ORGANIZATION THAT PROVIDES CHILDREN AROUND THE WORLD GIFTS FILLED IN A SHOEBOX. DONATIONS ACCEPTED AND FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL TASHA CORBETT AT 502-243-8776.
- November 14th -4:00-6:00-Park Louisville will have an evening of filling the shoe boxes together.
- November 16 -12:00-1:00- The University of Louisville Physicians Lunch and Learn for Parkinson’s patients. This months topic will be “Myths and Misconceptions about Parkinson’s Disease-Time to Clear the fog”. To RSVP for this event, call (502)582-7654 by Nov 13th.
January 29th- Gate and Balance Workshop at The Thrive Center-For any Participants 65 and older living at home. 8 Week class on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00-12:00. Sponsored by Dr. Quinn from Bellarmine University. For more information call 502-272-7969
February 1st – Wear Red Day- Sponsored by The American Heart Assoc.
February 8th – Flower Hour at Nanz & Kraft Florists 5:30-8pm- Sponsored by the American Heart Assoc.
February 9th – Heart Ball-Sponsored by the American Heart Assoc.
February 16th- Valentine Dinner and Dance Presented by….
The Kentucky and Southern Indiana – Stroke Association
Louisville Boat Club
4200 River Road
Saturday, February 16, 2019
Cocktails – cash bar and
complimentary 4 Roses Bourbon
and Tito’s Vodka Tasting
6:30 p.m. – cash bar available
Dinner and Program: 7:00 p.m.
Wine provided by Lover’s Leap
Dancing until 11:00 p.m.
Music from: Masters of Music
Individual tickets: $85 + 5.10 tax
Corporate Tables of 10:
$1500 + $90 tax
For Questions or to RSVP please call 502-499-5757
February 19th – Alzheimer’s Association Advocacy Day at the State Capitol in Frankfort – Register here: https://bit.ly/2FwAzDt
February 23rd – Go Red For Women Fitness Class at Baptist Milestone 12pm-American Heart Assoc.
March 31-April 2
– AIM Advocacy Forum in Washington, D.C. – Register here: alz.org/forum
April 11 – Go Red For Women Red Dress Centerpiece Preview Party-Sponsored by the American Heart Assoc.
May 31 – Go Red For Women 10am-1pm-Sponsored by the American Heart Assoc.
June 21 – The Longest Day – Register here: alz.org/tld
Saturday, September 7th – Walk to End Alzheimer’s Louisville – Register here: alz.org/walk